A variety of fresh vegetables blended together with Indian spices. The pickle is pungently seasoned with chillies and spices. Preserved in oil, the vegetable pickle can be stored for 6 months.
- 5 carrots, peeled and cut into fine sticks
- 7-8 green beans, chopped length wise, cut horizontally into 1cm pieces.
- 5 green chillies, finely diced
- ¼ cauliflower, trimmed into florets
- ¼ cabbage, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- ½ vinegar
- 100g pickle masala
- 5 tablespoons chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon mixed cumin and coriander powder
- 6 garlic cloves peeled and sliced
- In a large bowl combine together the carrots, green beans, chillies, cabbage and cauliflower.
- Add in the vinegar and mix well.
- Allow the vegetables to absorb the vinegar for an hour.
- Stir in the salt, pickle masala, chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin and coriander powders.
- Mix the pickle well to ensure an even distribution of the spices.
- Add in the sliced garlic
- Allow the pickle to stand for a few hours.
- Mix the pickle and decant into jars.
The pickle is preserved in vinegar and has a shelf life of approximately 3 months.