Lightly seasoned tuna in fresh parsley and spices, oven baked in a quiche till golden brown.
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 125g chilled butter or margarine, cut into cubes
- 45 ml water
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 cup parsley, chopped
- 1 sprig spring onion, sliced
- 4 eggs
- 1 tablespoon garlic sauce powder (shop purchased)
- 1 cup fresh cream
- 1 can shredded tuna
- 4 button mushroom, chopped
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the flour and butter or margarine together.
- Mix until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Stir in the water and mix to form a dough.
- Place the dough into a 23 cm greased baking tray.
- Spread the dough evenly around the base and sides of the tray.
- Refrigerate the dough for 30 minutes.
- In a separate bowl add in the eggs and beat well.
- Add salt to taste.
- Stir in the fresh cream, chopped parsley, spring onion and freshly ground black pepper.
- Add the garlic sauce powder and mix well.
- Remove the dough crust from the refrigerator.
- Place the chopped mushroom and tuna into the base of the dough.
- Pour over the egg mixture and bake the quiche on 180 degrees for 1 hour until golden brown.
- Cooking time may vary according to the model of oven used.
- Serve the Tuna and parsley quiche hot with a side serving of salad.