Shredded tuna simmered in olive oil with onions, tomato and chilli. The tuna is lightly tossed in pasta and garnish with freshly chopped coriander.
- 1 can of tuna in sunflower oil
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/4 green pepper, diced
- 1/2 onion, chopped
- 2 green chilies, sliced finely
- 1/2 tomato, de-seeded and diced
- 2 sprigs of coriander, finely diced
- 250g of spaghetti
- Additional teaspoon of oil
- Place a pot of water over the stove top on a medium heat setting and bring to a boil
- Add in the additional teaspoon of oil and salt to taste.
- Stir in the spaghetti and cook until done.
- Drain the excess water from the spaghetti and set it aside.
- In a non stick pan, add in the oil from the tuna only.
- Stir in the onion.
- The onion should turn a transparent colour.
- Add in the green chillies.
- Simmer the onions and chillies for a minute.
- Stir in the tomato and carefully toss the mixture to combine the ingredients together.
- Stir in the tuna.
- Add salt to taste.
- Garnish the tuna with the coriander.
- Add the olive oil to the spaghetti and toss lightly.
- Serve the tuna and spaghetti warm with a side serving of a green salad.