Pureed tomato simmered together with fresh garlic cloves, sugar and mixed herbs.
- 1 low acid or jam tomato, grated
- 65g tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons dried mixed herbs (shop purchased)
- 2 cloves grated garlic
- Heat a non stick pan on the stove top on a medium heat setting.
- Add enough oil to cover the base of the pot.
- Stir in the Grated garlic cloves.
- Simmer for a few seconds.
- Add in the grated tomato and cook for 8-10 minutes. Reduce the heat to a low heat setting.
- A little water can be added if the tomato sticks to the base of the pan.
- Stir in the tomato paste.
- The tomato mixture should resemble a paste like consistency.
- Stir in the sugar, salt and mixed herbs. Mix well.
- Simmer the mixture for a minute.
- Remove the mixture from the stove top and allow it to cool.
- The tomato and garlic dip can be served at room temperature or chilled.