Oven baked flaky pastry filled with pan fried sweetcorn and cheese is a perfect vegetarian appetizer.
- 500g cheese and herb puff pastry
- 1/2 cup sweetcorn
- 1/4 cup cheese, grated
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- Melt butter or margarine in a pan on a medium heat setting.
- Stir in the sweetcorn.
- Fry the sweetcorn for 5 minutes remove it from the stove top and allow it to cool.
- Unroll the pastry sheet onto a flat floured surface.
- Using a round cookie cutter or a cup cut out circular discs.
- Divide the pastry circles into 2 lots.
- On 1 pastry disc place a teaspoon of fried sweetcorn.
- Sprinkle a little cheese on the tops of the sweetcorn filling.
- Using a second pastry disc cut out a smaller circle in the middle of the pastry.
- Place this disc over the sweetcorn filling.
- Repeat steps 7 – 10 until the pastry sheet is finished.
- Place the sweetcorn filled pastries on an oven tray and bake for 30-40 minutes on 180 degrees.