Lightly seasoned cubes of chicken tossed in a bed of lettuce, cucumber,cherry tomatoes and pasta. This versatile dish is flavoured with sweet and chilli salad dressing that can be served as a main or as a side dish.
- 250g pasta
- 2 tablespoons sweet and chilli salad dressing (shop purchased)
- 1 chicken breast, skinned, washed and cut into cubes
- ½ cup chopped lettuce, washed and pat dry
- 10cm piece cucumber, washed and cut into quarters
- 5 cherry tomatoes, washed and cut into halves
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon mixed ginger and garlic paste (shop purchased)
- Salt to taste
- 3ml dried herbs
- 4ml freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Prepare the pasta as per the instructions on the packet and set it aside.
- In a large bowl add the chicken cubes, ginger and garlic paste, black pepper, dried herbs, lemon juice, and salt.
- Mix the ingredients well to ensure that the chicken is evenly coated.
- In a non stick pan add in the butter or margarine and allow it to melt.
- Stir in the chicken cube mixture and simmer until it has browned.
- Remove the chicken from the stove top and set it aside.
- In a large bowl combine the cooked pasta, chicken, cucumber, lettuce, cherry tomatoes and salad dressing.
- Toss the chicken and pasta salad well to ensure an even distribution of flavour.
- This salad can be served chilled or at room temperature.