Chicken pieces roasted in a marinate of herbs and spices. Seasoned in cubes of butter and oven baked till crisp and golden brown.
- 8 pieces of chicken (cleaned and rinsed)
- Chilli powder
- Cumin and coriander powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 25g butter or margarine
- 2 teaspoons mixed ginger and garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- Place the chicken pieces on a flat plate and sprinkle the surface of each chicken piece with chili powder, black pepper, a little tumeric, cumin and coriander powder (Sprinkle the spices on 1 side only).
- Add the mixed ginger and garlic paste.
- Rub the surface of the chicken liberally to allow even distribution of spices on both sides.
- Season both sides of the chicken pieces with a sprinkling of fine salt.
- Slice the butter or margarine into cubes and set aside.
- Cut slits into each piece of chicken.
- Insert the butter or margarine cubes into the slit of each chicken piece.
- Place the marinated chicken pieces on a greased oven tray and roast for 30 minutes on 180 degrees.
- Turn the chicken over and cook for a further 30 minutes until the skin is crisp and golden brown in color.
- Remove the roasted chicken from the oven and serve hot with side dishes of mashed potato and steamed vegetables.