A simple and easy to prepare low calorie salad that can accompany a variety of dishes from curries to grills.
- 1 large tomato, de-seeded and finely diced
- ½ onion, diced
- 1 sprig spring onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chives, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 4 cm English cucumber, diced
- A few sprigs of freshly chopped coriander
- 2 green chillies, sliced
- Salt to taste
- Combine the diced cucumber into a large salad bowl.
- Add in the finely chopped tomato and onion.
- Stir in the sliced spring onion.
- Toss in the thinly chopped chives, coriander and green chillies.
- Stir in the salt and vinegar.
- Mix well to ensure an even distribution of seasoning.
Serve chilled. Portion size appropriate for 3 adults.