A traditional Indian flat bread usually served with curries and chutney’s. The Roti is toasted on a hot griddle or tava.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 teaspoon butter or margarine
- 3 drops oil
- Boiling water
- Additional butter or margarine
- In a medium sized bowl add in the flour.
- Combine the butter or margarine and mix well.
- The mixture should resemble fine breadcrumbs.
- Stir in the oil and mix well.
- Stir in enough boiling water to form a soft dough.
- Additional flour can be added if the dough becomes too sticky.
- Knead the dough well.
- Break off portions of the dough into golf ball sizes.
- Roll each dough ball into flat circles.
- Toast each dough circle or roti on a hot tava or griddle.
- Smear each circle or roti with butter or margarine.
- Toast the roti until golden brown. Serve the roti hot.