Red bell pepper stuffed with mildly seasoned spinach and cottage cheese. The stuff peppers are grilled tilled evenly roasted. Served as a starter or a side accompaniment, this dish is easy and versatile to prepare.
- 3 large red bell peppers, cut into halves and deseeded
- 250g low fat plain cottage cheese
- 1 cup baby spinach leaves, roughly chopped
- Salt to taste
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- In a non stick pan, add in the butter or margarine and place onto the stove top on a medium heat setting.
- Allow the butter or margarine to melt.
- Stir in the spinach and allow it to start to heat through.
- Add in the cottage cheese.
- Reduce the heat of the stove top to a lower heat setting.
- Allow the spinach to wilt and cottage cheese to melt.
- This will form a uniform smooth texture.
- Season with salt and a touch of black pepper (optional).
- Allow the spinach and cottage cheese to cool slightly as this makes it easy to handle.
- Place the red bell pepper halves onto a greased oven proof tray.
- Scoop a tablespoon of the spinach and cottage cheese mixture into the red bell pepper halves.
- Place the red bell peppers stuffed with spinach and cottage cheese into the oven on 200 degrees.
- Roast until the peppers are soft but still has a bit of crunch.
- Serve hot as a starter or as a side dish.