This dish consists of prawns flavoured in spicy and zesty coconut and tomato gravy. It is simmered with the most fresh spices, red pepper, coriander, green beans and ginger strips.
- 4 lime leaves
- 1 fresh red chilli
- 2 garlic cloves
- A bunch of fresh coriander
- 1 red pepper, cut into strips
- 1 ½ teaspoon tomato puree
- 15ml fish sauce
- 5ml vegetable oil
- 30ml light soy sauce
- 2cm piece fresh ginger (cut into fine long strips)
- 220g prawns
- 50g green beans (rinsed and cut into 2cm pieces)
- 400g coconut milk
- In a blender add in the red chilli, peeled cloves of garlic, lime leaves, coriander, red pepper, tomato puree, fish sauce, soy sauce and oil.
- Blend all the ingredients to form a paste.
- In a pot add in some oil. Stir in the green beans and prawns and simmer until the green beans are tender.
- Add in the curry paste. Allow the curry to fry for 5-8 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk. Sauté the curry on a reduced heat setting for a further 5-7 minutes.
- Remove the curry from the stove top and garnish with freshly chopped coriander and ginger strips.
Serve hot with jasmine rice.