A savoury tart with an egg filling oven baked in a butter based crust. The quiche is lightly seasoned and combined with chicken, eggs, spinach and mushrooms
For the crust:
- 1 ½ cups cake flour
- 125g margarine
- 6 tablespoons water
Ingredients for the filling:
- 4 beaten eggs
- 1 cup spinach, finely chopped
- 4 large mushrooms, roughly diced
- 1 lean chicken breast, cut into cubes
- 1 teaspoon ginger and garlic paste
- ½ teaspoon chilli powder
- ½ teaspoon mixed cumin and coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs
- ½ cup fresh cream
- ½ cup sour cream
- In a large bowl mix the flour and margarine together until it resembles a bread crumb consistency.
- Add in the water and knead well till it forms a dough.
- Press the dough firmly into a 23cm baking pan.
- Ensure that the dough is evenly distributed along the base and sides of the pan.
- Place the dough into the fridge for 30 minutes.
- In a bowl add in the chicken, salt, chilli powder, cumin and coriander powder and ginger and garlic paste, mix well.
- Place the cubed chicken into a pan and fry till thoroughly cooked.
- Combine the eggs, fresh cream, sour cream, black pepper and dried herbs together.
- Remove the dough from the fridge and add the mushrooms, spinach and chicken.
- Pour the egg mixture and bake on 180 degrees for 45 minutes. Serve hot with a side serving of green salad.