Savoury pumpkin dish is a common accompaniment served with beans and puri. The natural sweetness of the pumpkin is complemented with the pungent flavours of the spices
- 250g pumpkin (cubed)
- 2 Dried chilli
- Salt and sugar to taste
- A pinch of mustard seeds
- ½ sprig thyme
- 3 spring onion leaves
- ¼ onion, finely sliced
- 1 sprig curry leaf
- Fresh coriander (chopped)
- 2 garlic cloves, sliced
- Heat oil with dried chillies, spring onion, onion, curry leaf, thyme, and mustard seeds.
- Simmer until the onions become transparent.
- Add in the pumpkin and salt and allow to cook, covered.
- Stir occasionally adding a little water if necessary to prevent the pumpkin from sticking to the bottom.
- When the pumpkin is soft, mash it with a fork.
- Simmer for a few seconds and add 2 pinches of sugar to bring out the favour of the pumpkin.
- Garnish with coriander and remove from heat.