Potato chilli bites are deep fried Indian savoury snacks that are flavoured with fresh herbs and spices.
- 500g chilli bite powder mix (shop purchased)
- 2 sprigs of spring onions, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon of ginger and garlic paste
- 1 large, green chilli,diced
- 1/2 cup water
- oil for deep frying
- 1/4 cup flour
- 4 medium sized potatoes, peeled and thickly sliced
- Place a sauce pan onto the stove top on a medium heat setting.
- Add enough oil to deep fry the bhajias.
- In a dish combine the chilli bite powder mix, green chillies, spring onions, ginger and garlic paste.
- Stir in the water to form a thick batter.
- Place each potato slice into flour.
- Ensure that the potato slices are evenly coated.
- Dip the flour coated potato slices into the batter mix and deep fry until golden brown.
- Remove the potato bhajias from the oil and set it aside onto an absorbent paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Serve the potato chilli bite (bhajias) hot.