Ingredients for filling
60 ml of ghee
250ml of dessicated coconut
60ml roasted chopped peanuts
125ml roasted chopped almonds
250ml of semolina
30ml roasted sesame seeds
1 tin of dessert cream (310g can)
5ml of cardamom (elachi) powder
250ml of full cream milk powder (klim)
Ingredients for the dough
500ml of flour
100g of grated butter
Approximately 10ml of a water and milk combine together
Method for filling
- Combine and simmer together semolina and ghee until golden brown.
- Stir in the sugar and klim powder and remove from heat.
- Add the remaining fulling ingredients and mix well.
- Set the mixture aside
Method for the dough
- Rub butter into sifted flour until evenly distributed.
- Add a sufficient amount of liquid to form a soft dough.
- Divide the dough into many small portions.
- Roll out each portion into small circles (about the size of a cup brim).
- Place a tablespoon of the filling into one side of each circle.
- Fold over the other half of the circle and ‘pinch’ the edges closed.
- Deep fry the polis in oil until crisp.
- Drain the oil out well.