Penda is a rich creamy sweetmeat that is similar to burfi. It was more popular among the Gujarati community in South Africa but has now become a favourite among many.
- 3 cups full cream milk powder [klim]
- ½ teaspoon cardomom powder
- ½ cup dessert cream
- 2 tablespoons condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon rose water
- 3 cups icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon melted ghee or pure butter
- Sliced almonds for decoration
- Sift klim powder,sugar and cardomom togther.
- Stir in the cream, ghee, rose water and condensed milk.
- Mix well to form a soft pliable dough.
- Divide into small portions and roll into golf ball sizes.
- Place on a tray and press an almond on the top of each penda.