This easy to prepare biscuit is filled with crunchy pecan nuts. The butter-base biscuit is soft to the touch and melts in the mouth. It is the perfect tea time accompaniment and an easy-to-prepare snack for vegetarians and those abstaining from meat products on fasting days.
- 500ml self raising flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 250g butter
- 50ml icing sugar
- ½ cup chopped pecan nuts
- Additional castor sugar for dredging
- Cream together the sugar and butter.
- Stir in the vanilla essence.
- Add in the flour and nuts.
- Mix well to form a soft dough.
- Break off portions of the biscuit dough and shape into balls.
- Place a shelled pecan nut on the top of each biscuit.
- Bake the biscuits on a greased tray and bake on a 180 degrees for approximately 15 to 20 minutes.
- Allow the biscuits to cool.
- Dredge each biscuit in castor sugar.