A simple pasta dish with a combination of fresh vegetables. The bland taste of the mozzarella cheese brings out the pungent flavours of the peppers. This dish is well combined with the simple tastes of the salad dressing
- 500g pasta screws or shells
- 1/4 green pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 yellow pepper, finely sliced
- 1/4 red pepper, finely chopped
- 1/4 cucumber, finely cut into quarters
- 200g cherry tomatoes
- 100g mozzarella cheese, diced
- 5 tablespoons mayonnaise
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons sweet and sour sauce
- Steam the pasta as per the instructions on the packet until al dente.
- Allow the paste to cool.
- In a large salad bowl, combine the peppers, cucumber, and tomatoes along with the pasta.
- In a seperate bowl, mix together the mayonnaise and the sweet and sour sauce.
- Stir this sauce mixture into the paste salad.
- Add in the mozzarella cheese.
- Season with salt and black pepper to taste.
- Mix well.
Serve chilled or at roomtemperature
Roasted left over chicken can be cut into cubes and mixed with the salad