A smooth and creamy mashed potato recipe. This easy dish is a good accompaniment for grills and roasts. The simple seasoning enhances the richness of the potato salad. This recipe is suitable for the stove top or microwave oven.
- 5 large potatoes
- ¼ cup milk (for a rich taste cream can be used)
- 1 tablespoon margarine
- Salt to taste
- 1 litre water
- Peel and rinse the potatoes.
- Chop each potato into large cube sized pieces.
- Place the cubed potatoes into a pot of water and allow the potatoes to boil. Alternatively the potatoes can be rinsed, unpeeled and placed in the microwave oven for 10 minutes on the high setting.
- When the potatoes appear soft to the touch, drain out the water. If the potatoes were baked in the microwave oven, peel and remove the skin of the potatoes.
- Using the back of a fork, mash the potatoes until an even texture is achieved.
- Whilst the mashed potatoes are still hot, stir in the margarine.
- Mix well to ensure the margarine is blended in.
- Add the salt and milk.
- Stir the mixture well.
Serve warm. This recipe can be used on a stove top or a microwave oven.