Chilled lemon iced tea is slowly brewed to infuse the natural taste of the lemon. The tea is blended with the sweetness of sugar and the citrus flavour of the lemon.
- 6 lemon flavoured teabags
- 2 cups boiled water
- 3 cups ice water
- 1 cup iced cubes
- Sugar to taste
- 6 slices of lemons
1) Bring water to a boil on the stove top.
2) Add in the lemon flavoured tea bags and allow the tea to brew slowly.
3) At this stage the tea would have a black hue.
4) Remove the brewed tea from the stove top.
5) Mix in the iced water and sugar.
6) Stir the tea until all the sugar has dissolved.
7) Add in the lemon slices and ice cubes.
8) Serve the tea chilled with slices of lemon.
Optional: mint leaves can be added.