Butter biscuits flavoured in lemon essence are baked in the oven until golden brown.
- 250g butter
- 3/4 cup icing sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon lemon esssence
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla essence
- In a large mixing bowl combine butter and sugar together.
- Mix the ingredients well to form a creamy consistency.
- Add in the eggs and mix well.
- Stir in the lemon and vanilla essence.
- Add the sifted flour and baking powder into the butter mixture.
- Mix the mixture well to form a smooth dough.
- Place the biscuit dough into the fridge for 1o minutes.
- Pipe or mold the biscuits into shapes.
- Bake the biscuits on 180 degrees for 10 minutes or until golden brown underneath.