Chicken breasts grilled in the oven till golden brown. The chicken breasts are lightly seasoned with fresh lemon juice, parsley and dried herbs.
- 4 chicken breasts, skinned and rinsed thoroughly
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 25g butter or margarine, cubed
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 2 teaspoon dried herbs (shop purchased)
- 2 1/2 teaspoons ginger and garlic paste
- Place the chicken breasts on a large plate.
- Sprinkle generous amounts of salt on the surface of each chicken breast.
- Ensure that the salt is rubbed in evenly on both sides of the chicken breasts.
- On one side of each chicken breast sprinkle dried herbs, lemon juice and freshly ground black pepper.
- Stir in the ginger and garlic paste.
- Mix well to ensure an even distribution of flavour.
- Cut 4 even diagonal slits along the length of each chicken breast.
- Place a piece of butter or margarine into the slit of each breast.
- Place the marinated chicken breast in an oven proof tray and bake on 180 degrees.
- Grill the chicken for 15 minutes then turn it over and cook for a further 15 minutes.
- Remove the chicken breasts from the oven, insert a knife into the chicken to ensure that the chicken is cooked to the bone.
- If the chicken is not cooked through , return it to the oven and grill for a further 10 minutes.
- Serve the lemon and herb grilled chicken breasts with baked potato or fried potato chips.