Lamb sausages simmered and lightly seasoned. Each sausage is wrapped into a pastry casing and oven baked till golden brown.
- 500g defrosted puff pastry (shop purchased)
- 1kg lamb sausage(rinsed)
- Chilli sauce
- Heat oven to gas mark 180 degrees.
- Heat a non-stick pan on the stove top at a medium heat setting.
- Add enough oil to cover the base of the pan.
- Place the rinsed sausages into the heated pan.
- Allow the sausage to heat through until it is cooked completely.
- Do not allow the sausage to brown.
- Remove the sausage from the stove top and allow it to cool for a few minutes.
- Unroll the defrosted puff pastry. For quick results place the frozen puff pastry in the fridge overnight to thaw out.
- Cut a tiny slit lengthwise on the surface of each sausage.
- Gently peel away the casing that covers the outer part of the sausage.
- Cut each sausage into halves.
- Place half a sausage onto the pastry surface and cut along the length of the sausage leaving a 2cm space from the sausage to the end of the pastry.
- The trimmed pastry should resemble a rectangle.
- Roll the sausage into the pastry so that the pastry forms a covering.
- Continue steps 10-14 with the remainder sausages.
- Place the sausage rolls on a grease proof oven tray.
- Using a pastry brush, base the surface of each roll with a beaten egg.
- Bake the sausage rolls on a 180 degrees for 30 minutes until it turns a golden brown colour.
- Remove the rolls from the oven and allow them to cool.
- Serve the sausage rolls warm with a dipping sauce.