Lightly seasoned with spices, onion and mint the lamb burgers are uniquely flavoured with an authentic taste.
- 500g Lamb mince, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 onion, grated
- Juice of 1/2 a lemon
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 5 Mint leaves, finely chopped
- 1 Teaspoon ginger and garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 Teaspoon garum marsala
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon coriander powder
- Freshly ground black pepper
- In a medium sized bowl combine all the ingredients together.
- Mix well to ensure an even distribution of ingredients.
- Heat a frying pan with oil enough to coat the base of the pan.
- Scoop 2 tablespoons of the lamb mince mixture into the palm.
- Mould the mixture to form flat disc’s that are of medium thickness.
- Place the lamb burgers into the pan of heated oil and allow to fry on a medium heat setting uncovered.
- Fry the burgers for 5 minutes on each side until cooked thorough.
- Remove the lamb burgers once cooked and place it onto a toasted bun layered with lettuce, slices of tomatoes and sauce.
- Serve with a French fries or potato wedges.