The eggless Hungarian tart is a sweet jam crumble.
125g of butter
50ml sour milk
2 tablespoon of cooking oil
1 teaspoon vanilla essence
4 teaspoons of baking powder
2 tablespoons of castor sugar
2 cups of cake flour
Strawberry, mixed fruit or apricot jam [for spread on the top of the tart]
Icing sugar [for sprinkling over the tart]
Optional: any flavour of jam can be used.
- Cream together the butter and sugar.
- Stir in the cooking oil, sour milk and vanilla essence.
- Add in the dry ingredients and mix well to form a dough.
- Place and flatten ¾ of the dough onto a greased tray.
- Spread a generous amount of jam over the dough.
- Grate the remainder of the dough over the jam and bake on a 180 degrees for approximately 45 minutes.
- When it is completely cooled, sift icing sugar over the tart.