Smoked trout basted with butter and oven grilled. The trout is lightly seasoned in lemon juice, salt and garlic. Served with baked potato and green salad, the grilled trout completes a light lunch.
- 1 fillet of smoked trout, deboned
- 50g melted margarine
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon juice
- Place the smoked trout fillet onto a baking tray.
- Sprinkle the garlic powder on one side of the trout surface.
- Rub in the garlic powder. Ensure an even distribution of the spice on the trout’s surface.
- Stir in the margarine and lemon juice.
- Ensure that the trout is basted on both sides with the margarine.
- Place the smoked trout in the oven on 180 degrees for 4 minutes on each side (cooking time for completion of the trout is 8 minutes).
- Serve the smoked trout hot with a baked potato and salad.