This is a uniquely seasoned preserve dish incorporating Indian spices. The pickle has a pungent flavour. It contains pickle masala, chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin and coriander powder.
- 2 kilograms green chillies, sliced roughly
- 5-6 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 teaspoon of ginger and garlic paste
- ¼ bottle white vinegar
- 50 g pickle masala
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin and coriander
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Combine vinegar and green chillies together.
- Allow the chillies to soak in vinegar for an hour.
- Add in the pickle masala, chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin and coriander powder.
- Stir in the garlic slices, ginger and garlic paste.
- Add in the salt and sugar.
- Mix well to ensure an even distribution of spices.
- Decant the green chillies pickle into an air tight preserve jar.
- Refrigerate the pickle and use as required.