A uniquely seasoned preserve dish incorporating Indian spices and local chillies. The pickle is pungently flavoured with pickle masala, chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin and coriander powder. The chilli adds both heat and flavour to the pickle and can be used as an accompaniment to most meals.
- 2 kilograms green chillies, sliced roughly
- 5-6 garlic cloves, diced
- 1 teaspoon ginger and garlic paste
- ¼ bottle white vinegar
- 50 g pickle masala
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 tablespoon chilli powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin and coriander
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Combine the vinegar and green chillies together.
- Allow the chilies to soak with the vinegar for an hour.
- Add in the pickle masala, chilli powder, turmeric powder, cumin and coriander powder.
- Stir in the garlic slices, ginger and garlic paste.
- Add in the salt, sugar.
- Mix well to ensure an even distribution of spices.
Decant into jars.