A uniquely spiced vegetarian dish combining fresh vegetables and herbs. Mildly flavoured green beans is cooked with authentic seasonings bringing out it”s natural flavours.
- 250g green beans sliced
- 1 onion[ ½ grated and ½ finely sliced]
- 1 dried red chilli
- 1 green chilli
- ½ tomato, grated
- 1 sprig spring onions, finely sliced
- 1 sprig thyme
- 5 mint leaves, chopped
- Fresh coriander for garnishing
- 1 sprig curry leaf
- 1 teaspoon ginger and garlic paste
- 3 tablespoons oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pot.
- Stir in the sliced onion, ½ a sprig each of thyme, spring onions, curry leaves
- Add in a green chilli slit lengthwise.
- Allow the ingredients to simmer until the onions turn a golden brown colour.
- Stir in the ginger and garlic paste.
- Simmer the mixture for a second.
- Add in the green beans and fry until the beans start to soften.
- A little water may be added if the green beans begins to hold at the base of the pot.
- Combine the remainder of the thyme, spring onions, curry leaves, onion, dried chilli, and grated tomato.
- Add in the salt.
- Allow the curry to simmer until the tomato has melted.
- Garnish with coriander and remove from heat.