- 5 eggs
- 1 ½ tablespoon mayonnaise or trim
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¼ cup of finely chopped chives
- Place chilled eggs into a pot of water.
- Boil the eggs for 5 minutes. Switch off the stove and allow the eggs to stand for a further 5 minutes in hot water.
- Peel and remove the shell of the eggs. Ensure that the eggs are at room temperature before handling them.
- Grate the eggs in a large bowl.
- In the same bowl combine the finely chopped chives, mayonnaise or trim. Mix well.
- Add in the salt and freshly milled black pepper. Mix well to ensure that the eggs are evenly coated
Best served chilled. Portion size is appropriate for 3_5 adults.