Succulent deep fried fish pieces seasoned with indian spices and marinated in an egg batter. A perfect dish with a squeeze of lemon and a generous accompaniment of potato french fries.
- 6 large pieces fish fillets
- Oil for frying
- 2 teaspoons ginger and garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 2 sprigs coriander, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chilli powder
- 1 tablespoon mixed hot curry powder
- ½ teaspoon of cumin and coriander powder
- 3mls turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- Flour to coat each fish
- In a bowl combine the ginger and garlic paste, salt,and black pepper.
- Add in one beaten egg
- Stir in the turmeric, chilli powder, cumin and coriander powder, curry powder, and baking powder.
- Add in finely chopped coriander leaves.
- Mix well to form a batter.
- Dip each fish fillet into the flour and then coat well with the batter.
- Fry the fish fillets in hot oil until cooked through and crisp.
Serve hot with savoury rice, potato wedges, or french fries and lemon slices.