Oven baked flaky pastry topped with peanut bits. The pastry is sandwiched together with fresh cream and dredged in icing sugar.
- 500g puff pastry (shop purchased)
- 1/2 cup oven roasted peanuts
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 cup fresh cream, whipped
- Icing sugar for dredging
- Unroll the pastry on a flat floured surface. Ensure that the pastry is completely defrosted.
- DO NOT roll the out the pastry.
- In a bowl, combine the cinnamon powder and sugar together.
- Ensure that the roasted peanuts are shell with the red skin removed.
- Finely chop the roasted peanuts into little bits.
- Add the peanut bits to the cinnamon and sugar mixture.
- Sprinkle the peanut mixture over the surface of the pastry, press down firmly to ensure that the peanuts have embedded itself into the pastry.
- Cut the pastry into squares or rectangle shapes and place on a greased oven tray.
- Bake the pastry on 180 degrees for 15 minutes or until it has cooked through. Cooking time might vary according to the make of the oven.
- Remove the pastry from the oven and allow it to cool.
- Decant the cup of fresh cream into a bowl and whisk until it resembles an icing consistence.
- Do not over beat the fresh cream as this would cause the cream to separate.
- Using a butter knife carefully separate the pastry in the middle.
- Add a spoonful of fresh cream onto the base of the pastry.
- Place the other layer of the pastry on top (this part of the pastry should have the roasted peanuts).
- Using a sieve, lightly dust the icing sugar over the tops of the pastry squares.