Fenugreek flat bread or as it is traditional known as methi paratha is an indian bread stuffed with fenugreek (methi). This bread can be served as a savoury snack or as an accompaniment to a curry dish.
- 2 cups flour
- 1/4 cup gram flour
- 2 sprigs chopped spring onions
- 1 cup fenugreek (methi) leaves, washed and finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- 3 tablespoons yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon clarified butter (ghee)
- In a large mixing bowl combine together the flour, gram flour and salt.
- Stir in the ghee and mix until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Add in the yoghurt, spring onions and methi.
- Mix well.
- Add enough water to form a dough.
- Allow the dough to rest for 30 minutes.
- Break off golf sized portions of dough and roll out each portion into 12 cm disc’s.
- Place each disc on a hot griddle (tava) and toast on both sides until golden brown.
- Brush both sides with melted butter, margarine or ghee.
- Serve hot as an accompaniment with curries or as a savory snack.