A delicious butter biscuit recipe incorporating the flavours of toasted coconut, walnuts and vanilla. Once baked these biscuits are rolled into jam and toasted coconut.
- 250g butter or margarine
- 3/4 cup castor sugar
- 1/2 cup walnuts
- 1 cup dessicated coconut
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- Pinch salt
- 1 cup corn flour (maizena flour)
- 2 cups flour
- 2 tablespoon strawberry jam (any flavour of jam will do)
- Cream butter and sugar together.
- In a non stick pan lightly toast the coconut on a low heat setting until just about turning colour.
- Add the walnuts, salt, vanilla essence flour, and corn flour into the butter mixture.
- Stir in 1/2 the quantity of toasted coconut.
- Mix well to form a smooth dough.
- Roll golf ball portion size of dough and lightly flatten the tops of each biscuit.
- Place the moulded biscuit dough onto an oven proof tray.
- Bake the biscuits on 180 degrees for 8-10 minutes until done and allow to cool.
- In a small bowl add in the jam and heat in the microwave for a few seconds.
- Stir in a few drops of hot water, just enough for the jam to have a ‘running’ consistency.
- Dip each biscuit into the jam and roll into the remainder of the toasted coconut.