Whole mushrooms dipped in seasoned flour and deep fried till golden brown.
- 500g white button mushrooms
- 1 cup chilli bite mix, seasoned flour (shop purchased)
- Oil for deep frying
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes
- Wash and rinse each mushroom thoroughly.
- Place the seasoned flour and chilli flakes into a deep cereal bowl.
- Dip each mushroom into the flour and chilli flake mixture. Ensure that the mushrooms are evenly coated.
- Heat the oil in a pan on a medium heat setting.
- Place the coated mushrooms into the heated oil and fry for 5 minutes or until golden brown.
- Remove the mushrooms from the oil and place on a paper serviette to drain out excess oil.
Serve the mushrooms hot or at room temperature as a side dish or as a starter with a dip.