Potato wedges deep fried till golden brown. Seasoned with cayenne pepper and salt, the potato wedges are a perfect accompaniment to grills and roasts.
- 4 potatoes, washed
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- Place the potatoes into a microwave for 10 minutes on a high heat setting.
- Heat the oil on a medium heat setting.
- Sliced the potatoes into quarters and place into the hot oil.
- Deep fry the potatoes till golden brown.
- Stir in the cayenne pepper and salt. Chilli powder can be substituted for cayenne pepper.
- Toss the seasoning in well to ensure an even distribution.
- Serve the potato wedges hot.