Lightly seasoned chicken coated in breadcrumbs and deep fried till golden brown. Flavoured with fresh herbs and spices, crumbed chicken can be served as a starter or a main meal accompanied with a side dish.
- 8 pieces of chicken, cleaned and rinsed
- 2 teaspoon mixed ginger and garlic paste
- ½ teaspoon of chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon mixed coriander and cumin powder
- ½ teaspoon of dried herbs (shop purchased)
- Salt to taste
- 2 eggs
- ½ cup flour
- 2 cups bread crumbs
- Oil for the deep frying
- In a large bowl, combine the chicken pieces, chilli powder, turmeric powder, dried herbs, ginger and garlic paste, salt to taste, cumin and coriander powder.
- Mix the chicken well to ensure an even distribution of spices.
- Place ½ a cup of water in a large non stick pan and heat on the stove top on a medium heating.
- Add in the marinated chicken and steam for 8 minutes.
- The chicken will turn from a pink color to a white color.
- Turn the chicken over and steam for a further 5 minutes.
- Pierce the middle of the chicken to ensure that it is thoroughly cooked.
- Remove the chicken from the stove top and allow it to cool.
- In a bowl beat the eggs well and stir in salt to taste.
- Place the flour in a plate.
- Add bread crumbs in a separate plate.
- Place each piece of chicken into the flour, dip into the beaten eggs then coat into the bread crumbs.
- Place the bread crumb coated chicken into the fridge for 30 minutes.
- Remove the chicken from the refrigerator and deep fry in oil on a medium heat setting until golden brown.