Oven baked eggless tart comprising of the sweet flavour of chocolate layered in a biscuit base.
- 150g butter or margarine
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/4 cup castor sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 3 teaspoons baking powder
- Icing sugar
- 1/2 a jar of chocolate spread (shop purchased)
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the butter and sugar together.
- Add in the oil and mix well.
- Stir in the vanilla essence.
- Add the flour and baking powder.
- Mix well to form a soft dough.
- In a greased oven proof tray spread 3/4 of the dough.
- Keep the remainder of the dough in the fridge.
- Spread generous amounts of chocolate evenly on the surface of the dough.
- Remove the dough from the fridge.
- Grate the chilled dough over the entire surface of the chocolate spread.
- Bake the chocolate tart on 180 degrees for 45 minutes.
- Remove the tart from the oven and allow it to cool.
- Sift icing sugar on the chocolate tart and serve at room temperature.