Butter biscuits with a creamy chocolate center. Flavoured with vanilla essence, the biscuits are oven baked and dredged in sugar.
- 110g margarine
- 100g butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 1/4 cup castor sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 15ml water
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 slab of wholenut chocolate
- Additional castor sugar
- Cream butter, margarine and sugar together in a large mixing bowl.
- Add in the water and mix well.
- Stir in the vanilla essence.
- Add sifted flour and baking powder into the butter and sugar mixture.
- Mix well to form a dough.
- Break small bite size portions of dough.
- In each dough portion, place a piece of chocolate and roll to form a ball shape.
- Bake the biscuits on a ovenproof tray for 10-15 minutes on 180 degrees.
- When biscuits are baked and have a golden color underneath, remove them from the oven and allow it to cool.
- Dredge each biscuit with the additional castor sugar.