Chocolate pudding baked in a chocolately sauce. Baked in the microwave the pudding is easy to prepare and takes 10 minutes to cook. A perfect warm winter dessert.
- 1 cup cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 cup milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cocoa (chocolate powder)
- 50g butter or margarine
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
For the sauce
- 3 tablespoons cocoa
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup water
- In a large mixing bowl, combine together the butter and sugar.
- Whisk the mixture well until it resembles a light yellow colour.
- Stir in the eggs and mix well.
- Add in the flour, baking powder, and cocoa.
- Mix well until the mixture has a creamy texture.
- Stir in the milk and vanilla essence. Mix well.
- Pour the pudding mixture into a greased microwaveable casserole dish.
- In a separate glass bowl, add in the sugar and cocoa for the chocolate sauce.
- Stir in a little water at a time while constantly mixing.
- Place the sauce mixture into the microwave on a high setting for 2 minutes.
- Stir the sauce and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Pour the chocolate sauce over the pudding mixture that was prepared earlier. DO NOT MIX.
- Place the pudding mixture into the microwave on a high setting for 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, remove the pudding from the microwave and allow it to cool for 5 minutes.
- Serve the chocolate pudding and sauce warm with a side serving of vanilla ice cream.