The typical american shop purchased chocolate cookie that is delicately flavoured with golden syrup and chocolate chips.
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 50g brown sugar
- 75g butter or margarine
- 100g chocolate chips
- 3 tablespoons golden syrup
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon bicarbonate soda
- 175g flour
- Add flour, bicarbonate soda, and baking powder into a bowl.
- Stir in the butter or margarine and mix well to form a bread crumb texture.
- Add in the brown sugar and chocolate chips.
- Stir in the golden syrup and mix well to form a soft dough.
- Break golf ball portion sizes of the dough and place in a lightly greased oven proof tray.
- Pat the surface of each cookie to flatten the tops slightly.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes on 180 degrees until done.
- Baking time may vary according to the model of the oven used.
- Do not over cook the cookies as they firm and harden when cooled.