Lightly seasoned baked beans salad infused with diced tomatoes, coriander brown onion and chillies.
- 1 can baked beans
- 2 green chillies, diced
- ½ tomato
- ½ onion
- 3 sprigs coriander
- 1 tablespoon tomato sauce
- Salt to taste
- 1 sprig spring onion, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chilli sauce (shop purchased)
- Rinse and thoroughly dry all the fresh ingredients (tomato, onion, spring onion, green chillies and coriander).
- Dice the tomato, onion, and green chillies.
- Finely chop the spring onion and coriander.
- In a large salad bowl stir in the baked beans and the fresh ingredients together.
- Combine the salt, and sauces into the salad bowl.
- Mix well and serve chilled.
This salad is a perfect accompaniment to braais, grills and roasts. Borlotti beans or any other variation of beans can be used instead of baked beans.