Chicken and cheese quesadilla’s is an oven baked dish that is seasoned with fresh herbs and spices.
- 1 chicken breast, skinned and sliced finely
- 1 teaspoon dried herbs (shop purchased)
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger and garlic paste
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 4 tortilla’s
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- ½ green capsicum, halved and cubed finely
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- Place the chicken breast in a bowl.
- Combine the dried herbs, black pepper, ginger and garlic paste, salt and lemon juice together.
- Mix the chicken well to ensure an even distribution of flavour.
- In a non stick frying pan add in the butter or margarine.
- Allow the butter or margarine to melt then stir in the chicken mixture.
- The chicken should simmer for 10 minutes.
- Allow the chicken to brown.
- Remove the chicken from the stove top and set it aside.
- On a large plate place one tortilla.
- Sprinkle a little cheese on the surface of the tortilla.
- Add in some chicken and green peppers enough to cover the cheese.
- Sprinkle some cheese and add a layer of tortilla over the topping.
- Repeat the procedure with the remainder of the two tortilla.
- Place the tortilla in a ovenproof tray and bake for 15 minutes on 180 degrees.
- Remove the quesadillas from the oven and cut into quarters.
- Serve hot with a side serving of sambals (see recipe under salad category).