Cheese and Macon stuffed potatoes are lightly seasoned with fresh chives, black pepper and salt then oven baked for 7 minutes until the cheese starts to melt. Served as a snack or a starter the cheese stuffed potatoes should be served hot.
- 10 baby potatoes
- 3 strips of Macon, fried
- 1/2 cup cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoon chives, finely chopped
- Salt to taste
- Black pepper to taste
- Boil the baby potatoes until cooked through.
- Cut the tops of each potato.
- Scoop out the flesh of the potato just enough to form a hollow.
- In a bowl combine the macon, chives, and cheese together.
- Season the mixture with freshly ground black pepper and salt.
- Add a teaspoon of the cheese and macon mixture into the hollows of the potato.
- Place the stuffed potatoes onto a greased tray and bake for 7 minutes on 180 degrees or until the cheese melts.
Optional: the macon can be substituted for bacon, turkey slices or any other cold meats available.