60ml (1/4 cup) of milk
500g of gram flour
2 teaspoons of elachi powder
250g chopped oven roasted almonds
500ml (2 cups) of ghee
500ml of icing sugar
250ml full cream milk powder [klim powder milk]
Additonal chopped coloured almonds for decorating (colour almonds by tossing it in your choice of food colour)
- Boil together 2 teaspoons of ghee and milk in a pot on the stove.
- Pour the mixture into a large bowl containing gram flour. Mix well until the mixture resembles bread crumbs.
- Add the mixture into a food processor for a smoother textured consistency.
- Remove the mixture and cook in a pot with the remainder of the ghee for approximately 40 minutes on moderate heat. Stir the mixture constantly until it turns golden brown in colour.
- Remove from the stove top and add in the roasted almonds. Allow the mixture to cool completely.
- Add in the klim, elachi,and icing sugar.
- Mix well and allow to set in a flat casserole pan or dish.
- Decorate the top with coloured almonds.
This recipe has been submitted by a reader. If you wish to submit your own recipe, please email us. The prepared dish may not resemble the inset picture.