Grated carrot with chillies and onions. Seasoned with vinegar, salt and lemon, the carrot salad is an ideal accompaniment to curries and biryani’s.
- 1 carrot, peeled and grated
- ¼ onion, finely sliced
- Salt to taste
- 1 green chilli, finely diced
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- A pinch of sugar
- ¼ teaspoon fresh lemon
- In a large bowl, combine the grated carrot and sliced green chilli
- Add in the diced onion
- Stir in the vinegar and mix well.
- Add in the lemon, salt and sugar. Mix well.
- Serve the salad either chilled or at room temperature.
- This salad is a good accompaniment for curries. The portion size is a serving for two adults.