Bran and almond muffins are lightly flavoured with vanilla essence and oven baked till golden brown.
- 1/2 cup oil
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups brown sugar
- 1 cup nutty wheat flour
- 2 cups digestive bran
- 10ml bicarbonate of soda
- 2 teaspoons vanilla essence
- 2 cups milk
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1 cup chopped almonds
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk the eggs, sugar and oil together.
- Stir in the milk and vanilla essence.
- Add in the chopped almonds.
- Stir in the nutty wheat flour, bran, bicarbonate of soda and flour.
- Add in the milk and whisk well until the mixture forms a smooth consistency.
- Place the mixture in a greased oven proof muffin tray.
- Bake the muffins on 180 degrees for 10 – 15 minutes.