Grated fresh beetroot or beets are combined with diced brown onions and green chillies. Seasoned with salt and vinegar, this easy to prepare beetroot salad is a versatile dish that compliments grills or curries.
- 3 beetroots
- 1 green chilli, chopped finely
- ¼ brown onion
- 1 teaspoon vinegar
- A pinch of sugar
- Salt to taste
- 3 sprigs coriander
- Remove the peel of each beetroot and rinse them thoroughly
- In a large bowl roughly grate the beetroot
- Finely dice the onion and combine this to the grated beetroot.
- Add in the finely chopped green chill.
- Stir in the vinegar and mix well
- Add in the salt and sugar. Mix well to ensure an even distribution of the seasoning.
- Garnish with finely chopped coriander
Serve chilled or at room temperature. Portion size is appropriate for 2 adults.