Oven baked tortilla cups filled with mixed vegetables simmered in butter and herbs. The tortilla is topped with white sauce and cheddar cheese.
- 1/4 Cup carrots, diced
- 1/4 Cup sweetcorn
- 1/4 Cup peas
- 1 Cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 Tablespoon white flour
- 2 Tablespoon butter or margarine
- 2ml Black pepper, freshly ground
- Salt to taste
- 5ml Mixed herbs
- In a saucepan heat 1 tablespoon of butter or margarine.
- Stir in the peas, sweetcorn, and carrots.
- Add in the mixed herbs.
- In a bowl combine the flour, black pepper, and half the quantity of cheese.
- Stir in a cup of milk and mix to form an even mixture.
- Add this mixture to the saucepan of mixed vegetables.
- Stir constantly to prevent lumps from forming.
- Add in the remainder of the butter or margarine.
- Season with salt.
- Mix well and set the vegetable mix aside.
- In a muffin tray place 1/2 a tortilla into each muffin cup to form a cone-like shape.
- Scoop a spoon full of mixture into each cup.
- Sprinkle the tops of each tortilla cup with cheese.
- Grill the tortilla cups for 3-5 minutes or until the cheese has completely melted. Serve hot as a side dish or a snack.